The Company handles personal information appropriately, recognizing that the protection of personal information is an important matter in respecting individual privacy, including that of customers, executives, and regular employees.
Classification of Personal Information
The Company classifies personal information obtained into the following categories and manages it accordingly:
- (1) Personal information
Information that allows the identification of specific individuals or information that allows the identification of specific individuals when collated with other information
- (2) Personal information database
A collection of personal information arranged systematically such that the information can be searched easily
- (3) Retained personal data
Information that the Company has the authority to disclose, revise, or delete, etc., and that is held for over six months
Handling of Personal Information
- In obtaining personal information, the Company handles it as follows:
- (1) When obtaining personal information, the Company specifies its purpose of use and notifies or proclaims such to the owner of the personal information.
- (2) When obtaining personal information from a third party, the Company will verify that it has been obtained legitimately.
- The Company will not handle personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of use without the consent of the owner of the personal information.
Creating of Personal Information Databases
- The creation of databases of personal information will be kept to the minimum necessary.
- When creating databases of personal information, the Company always observes the following guidelines:
- (1) Register the purpose of use, configuration items, categories, etc., for each database and manage them accordingly.
- (2) Periodically review the registered contents.
Handling of Personal Information Databases
- The Company takes measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of information.
- The Company strives to keep personal data accurate and up to date, within the scope of the purpose of use.
- When providing personal data to a third party, the Company always obtains the prior consent of the owner of the personal information.
However, the following situations are not considered provision to a third party:
- (1) When entrusting the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope of the purpose of use; or
- (2) When using the data in collaboration with a specified party for a shared purpose of use.
- When entrusting the handling of personal data outside the Company, the Company makes a written consignment contract, stipulating in said contract measures for the safe management of personal data as agreed upon in terms of content.
- When using personal data collaboratively with a third party, the Company notifies or proclaims such in advance to the owner of the personal information.
Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
The Company accepts inquiries regarding personal information through the Contact Us page on its website, in writing, or by telephone. Please note that we are unable to accept requests made in person at our office.
Personal Information Desk, Administration Headquarters, MEIWA CORPORATION
3-1, Marunouchi 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8311, Japan